MARSHALL TOWN COUNCIL
AN ORDINANCE CONCERNING THE DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS IN TOWN LIMITS
WHEREAS, there have been incidents of individuals discharging firearms within the town limits of the Town of Marshall, Indiana; and
WHEREAS, the businesses and residences within the town are located within close proximity to one another; and
WHEREAS, in a condensed area of population the discharging of a firearm poses enhanced risks for those in close capacity to said firearm; and
WHEREAS, the Town Council of Marshall, Indiana desires to protect the safety of its citizens and property within town limits;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF MARSHALL, INDIANA that:
- For the Purpose of this Ordinance, a FIREARM is any device, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile or projectiles by the action of explosion, springs, expansion of gas/air or escape of gas/air.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to have possession of any firearm within any public park or playground owned by the Town of Marshall, Indiana; and
- This section does not apply to law enforcement officers acting in their official capacity.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to shoot at a mark, target, or any game within the limits of the town or along or across any alley or property therein;
- Any person violating this Ordinance shall be liable for a fine not less than $250 and not greater than $2,500 per occurrence per day.
Unanimous consent of the Marshall Town Council to vote on this Ordinance the same date as introduced, this 1st day of September 2020.
Larry R. Harmon
Approved by the Town Council on the 1st day of September 2020.
Larry R. Harmon
Dated this 1st day of September 2020.
Kathy Wirth, Clerk-Treasurer