Public Notice – Parke County Highway, Notice to Public and Bidders
PARKE COUNTY HIGHWAY
306 N LINCOLN RD ROCKVILLE, IN 47872
765-569-5321 Fax: 765-569-4021
NOTICE TO PUBLIC AND BIDDERS
Parke County Asphalt Paving- 2020-2
- The Board of Commissioners of the County of Parke will receive bids for paving Community Crossings Matching Grant approved roads and supplying asphalt and asphalt emulsions. These specifications are by law a part of your bids.
- Each bid must include the DES number as the bid project number. Each specific road section must be itemized within the bid and include estimated tonnage and price per ton.
- You must submit three (3) copies of your bid. Your bid must be in a sealed envelope bearing on the face thereof the name of the company submitting the bid and what the bid is for and addressed to “Board of Commissioners, Parke County Courthouse,116 West High Street, Room 104, and Rockville, Indiana 47872.” Bids may be mailed in or delivered in person. All bids must be in the hands of the Parke County Auditor no later than 3:30p.m. on Monday, February 15, 2021. Bids will be opened during a Commissioner’s meeting to be held in the meeting room of the Emergency Services Building located at 110 E High Street, Rockville, IN 47872, on Monday, February 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Bids will be awarded or rejected during the Commissioners’ to be held on Monday, March 1, 2021at 4:00 p.m.
- Any questions concerning the requested work shall be directed to the Parke County Highway Department and must be resolved prior to the opening of bids. Detailed bid specifications and requirements may be obtained by contacting the Parke County Highway Department, 306 N. Lincoln Rd, Rockville, Indiana 47872; Phone (765) 569-5321.
- Bids shall be properly and completely executed on bid proposal forms (State Board of Accounts Contractor’s Bid for Public Work- Form 96), accompanied by a Non-Collusion Affidavit and a Certified Check or Bid Bond payable to Parke County in the amount of not less than ten percent (10%) of the bid. Each bid shall include a Non-Discrimination Commitment and all other required forms as described in Indiana code.
- Bids not completely filled out and executed properly shall be rejected.
- County Officers and the employees of the Board cannot assist you in preparing your bid.
- Wherever the words “Board of Commissioners” or “Board” or similar terms are used, these mean the Board of County Commissioners of Parke County, Indiana.
- The Board of Commissioners reserves the right to reject any and all bids or to waive any irregularities in bidding which, in its judgment, will be in the best interest of Parke County, Indiana.
- Contracts will be awarded in their entirety for each DES number. Contracts will not be awarded per road section.
- The bidder awarded the contract will be required to furnish a separate Performance Bond and Payment Bond, each in the amount of one-hundred percent (100%) of the contract price before commencing work. The Performance Bond and Payment Bond shall remain in effect throughout the entire construction period. In addition, a Maintenance Bond in the amount of ten percent (10%) will be required for a period of one (1) year prior to a final acceptance by the Parke County Board of Commissioners.
- Awarded bidder must provide proof of insurance and liability prior to the beginning of the project.
- The successful bidder shall be required to enter into a written contract with Parke County for such public work incorporating the provisions of I.C. 5-16-13 and other applicable Indiana laws.
Dan R. Collom
Parke County Board
Parke County 1st Deputy Auditor