Legal Notice – Request for Statement of Qualifications, Town of Rockville, OCRA
REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
TOWN OF ROCKVILLE, INDIANA
In order to assure compliance with the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) and related requirements regarding competitive negotiation of comprehensive planning services, the Town of Rockville is seeking Statements of Qualifications for the provision of planning technical assistance services relating to a comprehensive plan.
Description of Services Needed
The scope of services requested requires a public collaborative approach to providing a detailed comprehensive plan. The comprehensive plan must be in compliance with IC 36-7-4-500. Required content includes an executive summary, general background, summary of the committee, land use, government and fiscal capacity, public meeting facilities and services, placemaking, economic development, housing, transportation, agriculture, natural resources, parks and recreation, historic and archaeological resources, broadband access, and hazard mitigation. Content must include the existing conditions, vision and key goals, implementation, and public input.
Type of Contract
The Town of Rockville will execute a firm, fixed-price contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of grant funding.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
- 24 CFR Part 85.36.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
- Access to records.
- Executive Order 11246 – Equal Employment Opportunity
- Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
- Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Section 3 Clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
- Section 504 – Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
- Executive Order 11063.
- Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
- Davis Bacon and Related Acts.
Grant Support has a 10% MBE/WBE goal for all projects funded with Community Development Block Grant Funds.
Rate of Qualifications
The proposal must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and determine that the respondent is qualified and has relevant experience. Do not include a proposed fee as this is a qualification based selection process. The statement of qualifications should include the following:
- A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
- A list of similar projects previously completed.
- A list of references.
- Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
- Name of person to be in charge of project.
- Description of scope of services as per “Description of Services Needed”.
- A project time line.
The statement of qualifications shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of evaluation.
Award of Contract
Evaluation criteria shall include:
- Specialized experience or technical expertise of the organization and its personnel in connection with the scope of services to be provided and complexity of the project (25pts).
- Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timeliness and cost control (25pts).
- Capacity of the organization to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current planned workload of the firm (25 pts).
- Familiarity of the organization with this type of project or problems applicable to the project (25pts).
If you are interested in providing the required services, please submit six (6) copies of the Statement of Qualification to the Town of Rockville, P.O. Box 143, Rockville, Indiana 47872 no later than 4:00 p.m. local time on March 3, 2023. Each Statement of Qualification will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. Interviews are expected to be held on April 3, 2023.
The Town may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers. The Town reserves the right to reject any and/ or all responses. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The contract is tentatively scheduled to be awarded by the Town on August 1, 2023. Offerors may desire additional information, a site visit or clarification regarding the Statement of Qualification. If so, please contact Brandy Asher between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. local time at (765) 569-6523.