TOWN OF ROCKVILLE, INDIANA
Be it ordained by the Town Council of the Town of Rockville, Indiana, that upon passage of this ordinance, due publication of this notice as required by I.C. 5-3-1 that:
- It shall be unlawful and a violation of this Ordinance for any person to allow, cause, permit, or suffer any vehicle or trailer registered in his or her name to be parked between the hours of midnight (12 a.m.) eastern time and six (6 a.m.) eastern time in the following locations in the Town of Rockville, Indiana:
- The town-owned parking lot located at the intersection of N. Jefferson Street and W. York Street.
- Violators of this ordinance may be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense and may be charged with a Class D Infraction with fines imposed up to twenty-five ($25) dollars per day that said violation continues.
- It shall be unlawful and a violation of this Ordinance for any person to allow, cause, permit, or suffer any vehicle registered in his or her name to be parked at the town-owned parking lot located at the intersection ofN. Jefferson and W. York Street in Rockville, Indiana in such a way as to block or obstruct the entrance or exit of said parking lot.
- Violation of subsection two (2) of this Ordinance may result in the vehicle being towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- It is a Class C infraction to violate section two (2) of this Ordinance, with a fine imposed not to exceed five hundred ($500) dollars per day said violation continues.
Dated this 7th day of November 2022.
Unanimous consent of Town Council members present on November 7, 2022, to consider the ordinance on the same date as introduced.
Approved by the Town Council on November 7, 2022.
Dated this 7th Day of November 2022.
Brandy Asher, Clerk-Treasurer
I hereby certify that the foregoing ordinance was published one time in the Parke County Sentinel (i.E. November 23, 2022) within thirty (30) days of the passage of this ordinance as required by I.C. 5-3-1-2(h).
Brandy L. Asher, Clerk-Treasurer