REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
TOWN OF UNIVERSAL
In order to assure compliance with the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) and related requirements regarding competitive negotiation of professional services, the Town of Universal is seeking Proposals for the provision of the grant administration services described below relating to a Water Systems Improvement Project.
Description of Services Needed
The successful applicant will work with the Town of Universal Town Board to administer grant funding according to the guidelines of the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. The following tasks have been identified but not limited to:
General Administration Services
Environmental Review Labor Standards Financial Management Civil Rights
Grant Close Out
Grant Administrator must be a Certified CDBG Grant Administrator and be in Good Standing through the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs.
Type of Contract
The Town of Universal will execute a firm, fixed-price type of contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of grant funding. All services will be delivered for the agreed upon price.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
- 24 CFR Part 85.36.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
- Access to records.
- Executive Order 11246 – Equal Employment Opportunity
- Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
- Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Section 3 Clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
- Section 504 – Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
- Executive Order 11063.
- Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
- Davis Bacon and Related Acts.
The Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs has a 10% MBE/WBE goal for all projects funded with Community Development Block Grant funds.
The proposal should include the following:
- A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
- A list of similar projects previously completed.
- A list of references.
- Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
- Name of person to be in charge of project.
- Description of scope of services as per “Description of Services Needed” and proposed prices as per “Type of Contract”.
- A project timeline.
- Proposed Fee for Providing Services
The proposal shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
Award of Contract
Proposal Evaluation criteria shall include:
- Firm’s history and resource capabilities to perform required services. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Evaluation of assigned personnel. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Related Experience. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Financial Management and Cost Allocation experience and results. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Familiarity with local experience and results. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Ability to relate to project. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Analysis of narrative statement. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Reference check. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
- Price comparison. (Rating 1-5; Weight 10= Possible 50 points)
If you are interested in providing the required services, please note that three (3) copies of the Proposal of each prospective organization must be received by the Town of Universal Town Board no later than 4 p.m. EST on May 7, 2020 at which time said proposals will be opened publicly. Proposals should be clearly marked on the outside Water Systems Improvement Project and may be mailed to Town of Universal, Doug Martin, President, 150 S. Clinton St., Universal, IN 47884, or hand delivered to the Town Hall office at the address above. Each Proposal will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria.
The Town of Universal Town Board may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers and reserves the right to reject any and/or all proposals. The Town of Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employers. Offerors may desire additional information, a site visit or clarification regarding the Proposal. If so, please contact Doug Martin, Town Council President at 765-505-9896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.