REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
TOWN OF MECCA, INDIANA
In order to assure compliance with the Indiana Office of Community & Rural Affairs (IOCRA) and related requirements regarding competitive negotiation of Grant Administrator services, the Town of Mecca is seeking Proposals for the provision of “Grant Administrator” services described below relating to a Fire Station Improvements Construction Project for the Mecca-Wabash Township Volunteer Fire Department in which the Town was recently awarded/will be receiving IOCRA Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds.
Description of Services Needed
The scope of services for the IOCRA Project will entail the following activities:
(1) Environmental Review – coordinate with all required agencies to help prepare environmental packet/historic review and send to all required agencies, and complete any necessary environmental review documentation, and (2) General Grant Administration/Labor Standards – work directly with the Clerk Treasurer to establish grant file and setting up a financial managing system, complete civil rights file, work directly with Town Officials/Town Attorney and all required agencies in completing necessary land/easement acquisition, schedule release of funds meeting, attend Town Council meetings as requested by the Town, prepare/submit all semi-annual reports, prepare/negotiate any grant modifications, prepare all close-out documentation, attend grant monitoring meeting, assist Town in resolving any grant findings/questions; coordinate/assist with Pre-bid meeting, verify all prime/subcontractors, assist at bid opening, assist with pre-construction conference, obtain all appropriate paperwork from main contractor and sub-contractors.
Type of Contract
The Town will execute a firm, fixed-price type of contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of grant funding. All services will be delivered for the agreed upon price.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
- 24 CFR Part 85.36.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
- Access to records.
- Executive Order 11246 – Equal Employment Opportunity
- Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
- Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Section 3 Clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
- Section 504 – Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
- Executive Order 11063.
- Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
- Davis Bacon and Related Acts.
The proposal should include the following:
- A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
- A list of similar projects previously completed.
- A list of references.
- Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
- Name of person to be in charge of project.
- Description of scope of services as per “Description of Services Needed” and proposed prices as per “Type of Contract”.
- A project time line.
- Proposed Fee for Providing Services
The proposal shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
Award of Contract
Proposal Evaluation criteria shall include:
- Specialized experience or technical expertise of the organization and its personnel in connection with the scope of services to be provided and complexity of the project. (20%)
- Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timeliness and cost control. (20%)
- Capacity of the organization to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current planned workload of the firm. (20%)
- Familiarity of the organization with this type of project or problems applicable to the project. (20%)
- Cost. (20%)
If you are interested in providing the required services, please note that three (3) copies of the Proposal of each prospective organization must be received by the Town of Mecca, Attention: Kaitlyn Morgan/Clerk Treasurer, 5058 W. Linton Street, Mecca, Indiana 47860 no later than 12:00 p.m. (Noon) local time on Friday, January 31, 2020. All proposals must be clearly identified on the outside envelope as “Town of Mecca ’s IOCRA Fire Station Improvements Construction Project, RFP for Grant Administration” All RFPs must be submitted in black and white, bound by either a binder clip or a staple. No binders, color or bound copies will be accepted. Each Proposal will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. If necessary, interviews will be scheduled with the firms.
The Town may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers. The Town reserves the right to reject any and/or all proposals. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The contract is tentatively scheduled to be announced by the Town on/before the end of February, 2020. Offerors may desire additional information or clarification regarding the Proposal. If so, please contact the Town Clerk Treasurer, Kaitlyn Morgan, between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm, M-F at 812-241-7772.